BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, February 22, 2008

We're getting CLOSER...one more week!!

The sign reads "Padayona ang maga bata"..."Let the children come"....The sign can be seen from the street, welcoming the children to come with the words Jesus spoke. It's something of a reminder to me, that we aren't the ones calling the children, it's Jesus.

The opening of the drop-in center is scheduled for March 1st and there has a lot of work going on the building for us to be ready for the kids. Just in the last three weeks, the bathroom and kitchen have been built...and are still in the process of being finished as I type this.

We are planning to take all of the volunteers on an overnite trip one nite this week for a celebration/thank you/bonding time. We have an incredible group of volunteers that we've been blessed with and I look forward to seeing them participate in this ministry. They've gone through 5 weeks of training in preparation for this and now it's time to put the knowledge into action.
The photo above shows the freshly built bathroom (CR is what they're called here..comfort room). I'll be sharing what it looks like complete too, but here it is in process.:)
The photo above shows the new kitchen....we'll be adding tiles to the cement counter tops...and the floor is being covered in concrete....people who know anything about construction would have been fascinated by this process...I'm excited to see what it will look like when it's finished.:)
Here's one of our handy new bookcases and some new decorations for the windows. There are some people around who have tried to break into the building in the middle of the nite, so we've had to have iron bars built to be put on the windows (obviously this is still in process also)...hopefully as a deterrent to those with thievery on their minds...though I don't know what they would want that we have in the center...unless they really want to finger paint or play with glitter. No, I know! It must be the playdough!!

:)Thanks for your prayers and for you financial support. We wouldn't be able to do what we do here without the support we get from the body of Christ around the world...:) Blessing on your heads!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was great to get to see the work that is being done on the center. I love the bright colors that were used. I love the sign that welcomes the children too! Thanks for sharing the work with us.
Love, MOM

Anonymous said...

Wow! Things are looking much different - the room looks great and inviting! I want to come. We are having rainy/hail weather this week. Nice and cool too 56 degrees. Thanks for the update Susan.

dannelle rae

Anonymous said...

So nice to see new posts! It all looks very exciting and I can see that much care and thought is going into all the preparations! I can't wait to hear about all that God does!

Anonymous said...

Oops, I am so used to entering "mom" on Tricia's blog, that I did it on yours. Actually I'm Aunt Beverly!

Tracy & Jeff said...

Awwww.... Beautiful place. By "fascinating" do you mean what I think you are meaning???? :) Love you girl! Tracy.

Anonymous said...

God is Good - All the time!!! Exciting things are happening in Butuan..... I am so proud of you (as usual) for your dedication to following His calling. The drive to collect suppies is going very well. Maybe you could put my name and info on you blog so that people can contribute if they want.