BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Google Earth....

i have that song stuck in my head "Where in the world is CARMEN SANDIEGO?".... people of my generation might remember that game show....something about geography.... i don't know....

some of you may be wondering where in the world is PALANAN, ISABELLA? if you have Google Earth (and if you don't, it's FREE, and really cool and i'd recommend it...just search online for Google Earth and the site will come up, click to download and follow the instructions) then you can type in the coordinates : 17° 3'55.32"N 122°26'36.81"E and you will see the place I'll be staying. you can also search for Palanan, and the teeny tiny town will show up, then you can float down the river on your imagination and arrive at the coordinates above and you'll see the same thing...

Thought I'd share for those of you who are interested....i know my Dad is one of them...and there may be others...

something to note is that there are NO roads connecting this valley with the rest of the world. people from palanan say "outside" when they talk about leaving the valley whether by plane, foot or boat....if you are in Palanan, you are "inside". People from Palanan call anyone who's not born there and comes inside a "foreigner" even if they're from just over the mountains. isolated. they're isolated.

and God is building His kingdom there. and they are reaching out. they have a vision to become international missionaries. they want to tell people what He's done inside. they want the foreigners to have relationship with their Father, and so they pray and learn and grow. And it is beautiful in His sight.

will you pray? continue to pray? we leave Thursday for our adventure there....wow. that's soon. I'll tell you my honest how I'm feeling soon......

1 comments:

Transient Drifter said...

I loved your instructions on how to leave a comment :) Totally understand! Every time I read your posts I realize just what a wimp I am and how much I appreciate my modern conveniences and comfort. You amaze me Susan! Just keep taking the world by storm :)