BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, June 4, 2009

We're Out.

After an exciting landing here in Bagabag, I am happy to report that our team has safely completed the Palanan phase of our outreach. We spent three weeks serving the churches of Palanan. We held a family camp, spoke in church seminars, ran a VBS for the Agta kids, helped build a medical clinic and walked miles to visit and encourage people in their homes. It was good to be back in a place that feels like home...even though it's so different there.
Since I've gone so many times, I'm starting to understand more of the place, and can really see the impact the gospel is having in this remote location. The missionaries serving there full time are truly a faithful bunch. They are translating the Bible, pastoring, mentoring and raising up young people and still working on things like farming and fishing in order to provide for their families. The joy of the Lord is present in their faces. I love to spend time with them.
It was an interesting experience to be the team leader this time. Although Duane was there, I was the one primarily in charge with the help of the lovely Hazel. I learned things about myself and can really see how God has grown me and changed me in my years of being here in the Philippines.
Thank you for praying. I'm in an internet cafe right now so I don't have access to any photos to share with you. But when I can, I will. :) (I"ll tell you the story of the plane landing in person. OH my lanta that was an experience. Cause of the typhoon that is headed our way....)
We're in Bagabag for one week before we leave for Baguio. We'll be serving a group of churches here...our team is doing well...but I can see that we're tired. The students graduate on the 20th of June and I know they will be happy to have completed the course.
Love and blessings.

2 comments:

Aunt Beverly said...

Glad to hear from you! Pics soon, please! Love you!

Anonymous said...

It is good to see you on the blog again. It is nice to know that you are alive and breathing! God is good! Love you, MOM