BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, March 21, 2008

She

She came in today, the first time in a while.
She didn't want to take a bath.
She hadn't slept since Monday.
She just wanted to sleep.
Please.
Sad eyes.
So dirty little girl.

She said there were so many men in her house.
She was scared to fall asleep cause they might come to her.
She was unprotected.
She said, "He hurt me."
Please.
Sad eyes.
So broken little girl.

She said, "He hurt me."
She ran, torn open.
She came to us and all we could do was hold her.
She slept for hours.
Please.
Sad eyes.
So desperate little girl.

She has little cuts all over her wrist.
She tries to drain the pain.
She needs hope.
She's thirteen.
Please.
Sad eyes.
So little girl.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sad. I am glad you are there to love her and all the ones like her.

Anonymous said...

Oh my God! That is so very sad and full of pain. I am so grateful that God has put you there to be a place of safety and love for this little one and ones like her. What a special place of ministry to His little ones.
I love you more and more,
Mom

Pastor Jeff said...

There are no words...but your mom and your aunt are right...you are there to love girls in a place like that.

You are aptly gifted to do this. But just make sure at the end of the day that you roll back the burden upon Him who cares for you and them. You must rest. He's awake.

Love,

Jeff

Anonymous said...

I thought that I knew what I wanted to say when started out but after reading the story of the little girl, I realized I didn't. A song "Great Is Thy Faithfulness" comes to mind, and fits this task far, far better.

May the Lord bless you and encour-age your heart, and for you I am praying. Love Ya!

Witt