BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, October 5, 2007

Safe Arrival in Butuan



This is MAX, the guarddog and pet and friend and entertainment in our house....he dances, sits, and scoots backward when commanded to "STAY"........


After 22 hours of travel I arrived in Manila, Philippines, where I stayed for three nights visiting with friends who had traveled eight hours by bus to greet me before I headed on to Mindanao, Philippines.
Last Saturday, I took the one hour flight south from Manila to arrive in Butuan City. My friend and partner in ministry, Teresa Woodard, picked me and all my luggage up, and brought me to our house. We traveled by tricycle over the river and through the woods...or so it might seem...:)

The photo above shows our kitchen....and the photo below shows the view from the kitchen into the sala...


When I arrived at the house, there was a fiesta for my welcome party, where we had a feast...shrimp, BBQ pork, squid....cake AND ice cream!!!....and pizza too....and the kids had made a lovely sign outside and decorated everywhere with balloons.....so nifty!!!














This week I've been focusing on getting adjusted and settled in....going to local shops for supplies, waiting patiently for 6 days for the internet to be hooked up....visiting the "mall" (not what you're thinking) down the street and being thrilled to discover they sell cheese, and tomato, not banana, ketchup........

We also took the overnight ferry to Cebu City on Sunday, where we processed our Philippines immigration papers and I applied through a travel agent for my China visa...the China trip is coming up in less than one month!!!

PRAYER POINTS:

  • please pray for us as we prepare for the training of the church members for the Drop-In center
  • please pray for the people joining the tour in November, that they will be successful in all their travel preparation
  • please pray for the street children---that God will prepare their hearts for hearing His truth

5 comments:

Pastor Jeff said...

Hi, Susan...!

I've tried twice to reply to your email but it keeps coming back to me (is it the way I smell?)

Troy's house was struck by lightning...twice!...in the last month and fried out a few things. He's back on line now, however. I spoke with by cell and he will try to contact you when he gets back from KC. However, is there a phone # he could reach you at...he's wondering if my email has been returned twice, would his, too?

In any case, where is Butuan? And what will you be doing there?

Sure miss your smiling presence!

Pastor Jeff

Beverly said...

Glad you got there! Sounds like you're having fun and excited! We miss you!

Pastor Jeff said...

Hi, again, Susan...

Is there anything you need for the ministry there...? I mean, is there something we could help with (apart from intercession)?

Think about it and let me know!

Pastor Jeff

Tricia said...

Glad you arrived safe and sound! :)

Looks like a par-tee. :) Not too sure what I would do if presented with squid, though!

Transient Drifter said...

Hey Sue Sue, I'm continually amazed by you! Way to keep out there going crazy in the Philippines! You should get in touch with Ephraim. I'm sure he'd be very impressed as well. You did know he got married, right? Anyhow, I hope you're doing well roughing it out there in the heat. It was only 1 degree Celsius here today! Brrr!